Have you ever found that your feed is too cluttered, but you don’t want to unfollow anyone? Perhaps you would like to view all of your favourite Twitter accounts in one place? Or perhaps you want to have different sections for different types of Twitter accounts?
You can do this by creating Twitter lists.
Creating a list
1. Go to your favourite profile. We’ll use “Mashable” for this example.
2. Click on the “Settings” cog, then click on “Add or remove from lists…”
3. A box appears with a “Create a list” button. Click on it.
4. Input your information and decide whether you would like the list to be public or not. If you are making a list of your competitors, we would recommend that you set this to private!
5. Tick the box to include the account in your new list.
6. Click on the cross, you don’t need to save anything. Now, when you visit the “Lists” section of your profile, your list should appear. You can then click on it to go to a special feed comprised only of updates from your chosen accounts.
There are many different ways that you can utilise Twitter’s “lists” feature, so why not get experimenting?